Sunday, January 28, 2007

Veronica Mars

Last Tuesday, I just turned the TV on to check what was on and, I stumbled across the latest episode of Veronica Mars. I had heard a lot of good comments about the show from friends and I thought I'd see what it was about.


Anyway, an hour later, I was completely confused but, nonetheless, highly intrigued. As an antidote to my confusion, I started trying to catch up on the first two seasons of the show. It's absolutely amazing! Being an avid mystery fan, I was drawn in by the tight script and the intricate plot lines. I was surprised that the writers could fit in so many side-trails and clues to have a mystery per episode. I'm about half-way through Season 1 now, and I can truly say that the overarching murder mystery for the season keeps the suspense building. And I just love the many levels of characterization and the carefully chosen setting. When I'm watching the show, I can feel the setting and the characters come alive with the multi-tiered descriptions and portrayals. The high school/college setting just makes the story that much more dynamic for me.

Here's hoping that the show is picked up for a few more seasons at least :)

-- Arkajit

No comments: